Thursday 27 May 2021

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

 Book Review

Title- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Written and Illustrated by- Charlie Mackesy

Genre- Illustrated book

So this January I had planned to read at least three books each month and it has not gone as per plan. I am not happy about it and so once again I will do my best to get back to reading and focus lesser on watching movies.

I was thrilled to get this illustrated book by Charlie Mackesy, The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse. This illustrated book is a best seller and was published in October 2019. It has been translated in 17 languages and had been highly appreciated for its depth of meaning. I have been following Charlie Mackesy on Instagram right from the day I read a review about his book and after that I have been a huge fan of his art works and his thought processes.

What can I say about this book? It's a book for keeps and not really a book for reading, it's a book for feeling, understanding and going back to for inspiration. The book has about a 120 pages of sheer joy. There are a few black pages too which I will be happy to fill in with my art work and words of wisdom. In fact, the introduction itself brought a smile on my face that lasted till the end credits and the back cover and even after that! This book is full of white of wisdom and inspiration about life and our role in it. The sketches and calligraphy are exceptional.

Through the four main characters that are simply named as the boy, mole, fox and the horse we are taken on a journey about an understanding of what life is all about in a matter of fact manner. There are some gems there and this is a book that we can go to again and again for inspiration when we are feeling low. There is so much in it for everyone right from eight to eighty. I am sharing a few of my favourites below.

So once again I must say that this is a book for keeps and a good reminder to us that we need to follow our dreams, spread kindness and try our best to believe in ourselves. We should not expect life to be perfect but we must believe that there is a lot of goodness in this world of ours. This book is uplifting and full of hope and inspiration for everyone .










No comments:

Post a Comment