Thursday 19 August 2021

Navillera

 What an amazing series!

Navillera follows two ballet dancers as they form a unique and life-changing friendship through ballet. Park In-hwan plays the 70-year-old retired mailman Shim Deok-chul, while Song Kang portrays the 23-year-old ballet dancer Lee Chae-rok.
It is emotionally charged and very inspiring. The characters are well defined and they do a marvellous job of making their presence felt in every frame. Song Kang is awesome in every way! I cannot believe he dances so well, like a dream. Park In-wan is also excellent and portrays each emotion with heart.
The story line is touching and makes us wonder about what we want to achieve in life. This series is a reminder that it is never too late to achieve your dreams. Many a times, we are so caught up in the routine life that we fail to follow our heart. Later when we are older and have fulfilled our role as parents, we realise that we have not worked towards our goals and aspirations. We feel it's too late to think of our dreams but this series makes us think about what we can do.
Do watch this series. It is heartfelt and engaging in every episode. I loved the actors,they are so v perfect for their roles. This is a series about ballet soI I can imagine the tremendous amount of effort they have taken to get their dance moves right. The hero is too damn adorable and it's magical to watch him dance. We get to watch some beautiful ballet performances but this series is not just about that.
It is about family and relationships. It's about going that extra step forward to achieve something. It is about doing the right thing when it matters most. It is also a reminder that learning is a life long process and it is never too late to learn.
Age is just a number and we should take motivation from those who have worked towards achieving their goals. I am blessed to know so many people who are working to achieve their goals although they are at an age where people would consider them as 'too old'. At my age, I have heard from so many people that what I am doing is not suitable for my age. I have learnt to turn deaf to their comments and do what I want to do. Many a times we allow people to decide what we can and cannot do and live by their parameters. It is time to break free from the shackles of their measures and decide for ourselves what we are capable of. Let us go forward in life with a goal. Let us learn to live, rather than just exist. I am sure each one of us has that dream at the back of our minds that we want to achieve. Do it for yourself. You owe it to yourself. This is a must watch series, right up there in my list. I am so glad I watched it.
(Please keep a box of tissues handy.)




No comments:

Post a Comment