Wednesday 8 September 2021

Cinderella

 "You're a shining star, no matter who you are!"

That's an important takeaway from the movie Cinderella. How can you not like a movie like this! Watching this iconic childhood fairytale in a movie once again! These are the kind of fairytales kids should be watching. This story is inspirational and the songs are really catchy.
There are so many versions of this childhood favourite Fairy tale but I really loved this one!
There is a lot of singing and dancing and an adorable lead pair. The location and the characters are wonderful. We all know the story yet we are kept engaged throughout the story.
I am a huge fan of musicals like these so I am glad I watched this movie on a whim. The songs are all simply beautiful.

This is an entertaining and relaxing watch. Movies like these are a welcome change from the realistic and hard hitting movies. A fantasy like this is a much needed break from the mundane. Dance, melodrama, costumes, locations and of course, the much loved story, makes for a must watch for all. Also watch out for the fantabulous fairy godmother, she just blew me away! Even the glass slippers took my breath away.

I must say this movie has it's own twist in it. There are some important issues this movie deals with in a matter of fact and non-preachy manner. It leads us to another aspect of the fantasy that we would never have thought of before. I admire the creativity and novelty with which an age- old story is retold.

Do watch this one. It will not disappoint you.
Expect the unexpected.
Do let me know how it was.






No comments:

Post a Comment