Tuesday 4 March 2014

I Feel the Feel You Feel.....

Facebook has many fans and I am one of them.It allows me to connect virtually even when I cannot do that in real time.It gives me an insight about what is happening around me....in the lives of my friends,cousins and colleagues.What keeps them happy,what bugs them,where they went ,what they did,what they ate???......it's all there for all to see. Selfies are also a rage but I for one am terrible at that though I wish I had the knack of clicking great self pictures,but I guess it is an art at which I am hopeless.I must confess,I am a photo-uploading monster.I keep on uploading photos of my trips,get-togethers,exhibitions I attend  and even the food I eat!!!

Another thing that interests me is the status updates of friends where they post shayaris,love couplets,words of wisdom,motivational quotes,Santa-Banta jokes,husband-wife jokes and what-have-you.What catches my interest and what appeals to me I re-post or copy-paste as my status update.Just recently I read some interesting lines on my friends status.I loved them as they aptly described my emotional state at that period.So what do I do next?Of course,I just copy-pasted the lines and put it up as my status.What a foot in the mouth moment it was!!!As soon as I did that I got a message from my friend requesting me to give credit for her writing.I was amazed and embarrassed to the core as I really never thought that she could have written those lines.....I assumed they were just some random lines written by some one and she had just posted it, just as I had.I felt like a fool for not giving her credit as I always make it a point to give due credit to my photographer friends who click photos at the many photo walks I attend.How shameful!I immediately assured her that I would rectify my mistake and within seconds I credited her for her wonderful lines.I sincerely apologised for my folly and told her that I never imagined that she had penned those lines herself.I appreciated her work and was glad that the issue was sorted.

What amazed me was that she had penned down some feelings that were so true to how I felt.The same emotions,the same yearning,the same everything that I felt.And she had told me that those lines were very personal.....wow!She was feeling exactly like how I was and vice-versa!!!I felt that those lines were written by me!It made me realize that we are not alone and there are so many of us out there who have the same feelings,emotions...a common thread runs through us that binds us...silently,unknowingly.Many a times we fail to realize that and think that whatever we suffer no one knows and understands....but someone ,somewhere is feeling the same pain,facing the same or similar challenge.Similarly ,even when we are ecstatic with joy and unfettered happiness there are some out there who are feeling the same emotional high.
Amazing....life is really amazing.
There is someone or so many out there who can feel the feel you feel.....

Life never ceases to surprise us,challenge us,motivate us,delight us and intrigue us.Wonder why we cannot live together as one unit without the upheavals and clashes even when we know that each one of us has similar emotions.Why can't that common thread of emotions and feeling bring us closer?
Finally,what we all crave for is happiness,love and understanding from those who are near and dear to us.Yet,we are all still searching.....yearning for that happiness,love and understanding that eludes us.
The search continues......


No comments:

Post a Comment