Monday 30 September 2013

Love Travels...

I confess-I am a die-hard romantic.
Though love- true,sweet ,ever-lasting love has dodged me throughout my life , I still believe that true love exists.I enjoy watching love stories and I like them all in whichever way they are portrayed.So Mera Naam Joker,Sangam, Titanic, Pretty Woman, Ek Duje Ke Liye,Quayamat Se Quayamat Tak, Saagar, Aashiqui ,Dil Chahata Hai, Dil hai Ki Maanta Nahin,Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.......each one of these (and many more) have never failed to catch my fancy.Even the off-beat love stories like Paroma, Water,Cheeni Kam, etc are what I appreciate.So when I heard that 'The Lunch-Box'  had released  I went and watched it at a nearby theatre with myself for company.

The movie 'The Good Road' was selected as India's entry to the Oscars and many were of the opinion that 'The Lunch-Box' should have been the right choice to represent India.I am not delving into a debate on that as I have not yet watched the competitor yet.All I can say is that 'The Lunch-Box' is a well made movie.It is so real and routine that we no longer become mere spectators but actually feel what the two protagonists feel.The crowded trains,the urchins singing in their besura voices,the dabbawalas and their loads.....all make us feel in known territory.We are right there among them as we have been there,seen that.

The characters in the film are also real.There is utmost attention paid to each little detail.The suspicious wife smelling her husbands shirts before putting them to wash,the new employee being given a cold shoulder by the older and senior one,the ever-helpful neighbour,the changing wardrobe of the in-love hero after a few exchange of letters......all these make the movie more than just a movie.Love knows no boundaries,it travels and can overcome barriers of age,distance,class and religion.Even without actually coming face to face with each other the couple portrays the deep love and understanding they feel for the other.here there is no physicality involved ,it's the emotions that do the talking.These emotions travel through the lunch-box which is passed to and forth between the couple.What a novel way to portray love blossoming among two adults!!!

The ending is not depicted clearly and it is left to the viewer to guess  what happens next.There are so many wow moments in the film that are subtle yet entertaining.As the movie moves further we wish for the couple to meet and find happiness with each other as they deserve to be happy.The movie travels at a slow pace but then those who appreciate good films know that good things come to those who wait (Sabr ka phal meetha hota )

I came out of the film hall with a smile pasted on my face.
Happiness is not always found in the bigger things and all the little things that bring us happiness are not little after all.
Sigh......they found love at last,will I ever???










No comments:

Post a Comment