Tuesday 31 January 2012

Walking Delights

It is said that when we continue doing something for about 21 days , it will become a habit. I am going to find out for myself whether it is a fact. I decided to go for a brisk walk every evening at least for 21 days in a row.I began this so-called experiment yesterday and will keep doing it,hopefully, for 21 days.


This is not the first time I have decided to go for my daily walks.Each year I resolve to walk every evening and the same thing is repeated, I always find some excuse for not doing it.The reasons vary from an interesting programme on the television,loads of school work,too much fatigue to just plain boredom.


But whenever I have gone on my walks, I have come back rejuvenated. The walks take a load off my shoulders and give me some ME time.I keep striding ahead with my thoughts for company.The joggers park at Mulund has an audio system which turns out some great songs and I hum along.I have had many interesting teaching ideas or poems and plays sorted out in my head during the course of my walks.


At times it is interesting to hear the snippets of conversation of the other walkers who venture out.The conversations drift from recipes to boyfriends,stock markets to mother-in-law woes and from weight loss issues to television serials.


Walking is one of the few pleasures that comes free.We tend to undermine the importance of the brisk walks.It is not that we have to go on our walks only if we want to lose weight ,a walk rejuvenates,makes us feel calmer and keeps us fit. In spite of knowing all this I have been neglecting my walks and this time I have decided to change it.Hopefully, I will keep experiencing the delights of walking for a long time.Looking forward to a fitter and slimmer me!




1 comment:

  1. Good idea. May be I'll join you in developing this habit too!

    ReplyDelete