Friday 25 February 2022

Jhimma

 I love travel. I always dream of travelling to far away places. Travelling makes me look at life differently and it also helps me find myself. There is a line in the movie that says that travelling makes the traveller a new person and I agree whole-heartedly. 

The movie Jhimma is a look at a group of women who travel together with a tour company . It takes us along with them to witness their hits and misses and the way they bond together. It makes for a good movie but with a bit of tweaking it could have become a great movie. It is always fun to put many women together and observe them. 

Each one in the movie has a different character to play and they are on the tour with their respective emotional baggage. There are some lovely moments captured among these new found friends and there are some words of wisdom about life. The star cast is amazing but the movie does not live to the expectations. It is quite abrupt in some places and drags in some. It gave me the feeling that the great star cast was a waste here as they were not well-utilized. Of course, it was nice to see them together, yet there was something lacking. 

The best part for me is the virtual tour we have of London. All the locations are tourist destinations of London and I just could not take my eyes away from the beauty of the locations. This movie gave me new travel goals!

As I said there are some things that could have been handled a bit differently in the movie to make it better. The premise of the movie was good. The movie drags in some parts and we feel they could have shown us something more about the characters. This was an OK one time watch but definitely not worth watching in the theatres. 






No comments:

Post a Comment