Tuesday 23 June 2020

Gulabo Sitabo

Movie Review
Film- Gulabo Sitabo (Hindi)
Director - Shoojiy Sircar
Music director- Shantanu Moitra
Genre- Drama/ Comedy

Aana haii, jaanaa haii, jeevan chalte jaanaa haii....

A movie by Shoojit Sircar raises high expectations. Amitabh Bacchan and Ayushmaan Khurana are splendid as they always are. The character of the 90 year old Fatima Begum is a scene stealer. The film tells us about greed and to what lengths one can go to fulfil them. The story centres around the ancient haveli/mansion that is the cause of dispute.The film moves at a really slow pace like the era the haveli portrays. It was a delight to see the arches, stairs, huge pillars and the ancient artefacts that are scattered all around the haveli. We entirely feel the camera romance the different slaves of the haveli. It's a photographer's delight! The songs are all complementary to the storyline, specially loved the song played at the end. I also loved the movie poster, really colourful and interesting. The background score is also noteworthy.

Coming back to the story, it was not that interesting at all. I don't think I would have been happy to watch this in a theatre, I would call it a waste of money. I had second thoughts about watching this when I watched about fifteen minutes, but I managed to convince myself to watch it. At home on Amazon Prime, it's like - OK, I can spare some time to watch this one. Let's see what it's about. Message is that greed leads to grief. If you want too much, you will lose even what little you have. So if you have subscribed to Amazon Prime and like me, you have developed a curiosity about this movies for to the trailers that were launched, then go ahead and watch it. After all, it's lock down time, you have the time to spare. It's too slow moving for my liking.Take this as my subtle warning. Frankly, there are many better movies streaming on Amazon Prime. For me, this movie is an average watch. You can watch and decide.



No comments:

Post a Comment